Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cleaning Lady Tells All!

Yes that's me! We recently had to let go of our cleaning lady due to the new job role I have taken on.  (insert your spoiled rotten comments here). It was a sad day but we remains friends and she was very understanding. That being said, those dirty job duties fall back on me. As I was mixing up my favorite cleaning solution yesterday, I thought it would be nice to share my secret with others b/c who doesn't like to save a buck here and there right?

It's a little product called Simple Green. I learned about it from technicians in my previous job who used this to soak parts that were covered in old dried up ink and was always told it worked miralces. I found out that the all-purpose cleaner was available in 1 gallon bottles at Home Depot, so I tried it. The mixing instructions are listed on the back for the job requirement. General cleaning is 1oz to 1 cup of water per the instructions. Now I will admit that I do 2 oz to 1.5 cups water b/c that what fills my empty Lysol Kitchen Cleaner bottle. I've been using it for a couple of months and happy with the results. It works great on dried up food on the counter and smells great. Recently I ran out of Scrubbing Bubbles for the bathroom and switched to this as well, and have even used it on my toilets.

I know it's early but let's do the math: Paying $10 for a bottle equal to 128 oz, I'm essentially only paying 15 cents for my new cleaner as opposed to $4 or $4.50. One gallon could make up to 64 bottles of cleaner which could save me around $250 over time! That's a steal! This product can be used with laundry and tougher jobs like lifting grease and oil which is listed in the instructions as well I just haven't tried those yet. Another great thing is that there are no harmful chemicals used so it's better for the environment and will not agrivate those with allergies.

This mom wins again!




No comments:

Post a Comment